Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Update of All Things Good

I love updating this website and I think I've started to get some good content together recently that I hope you guys are enjoying.  Now that we are in September, the fall season is in full swing and things are busy busy busy.  Besides school going back in session for the kids and myself (yes, my long overdue graduation from Tulane University should happen this semester), I have also started to put together a second evening training session for local athletes.  I have a bunch of team fundraisers set up in the coming few months including our Lap-A-Thon and working games for the New Orleans Saints. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

This Tuesday, September 3rd, JCCS is hosting our first annual season opener race (well second if you consider last years race was cancelled because of a hurricane).  This should be a fun, short race that I plan to make better each year and add quality teams and athletes.  Just as the middle school and varsity meets we hosted last year, we always try to put on events that are run well and worth coming to.

I'm looking forward to bringing the team to races like Mobile Meet of Champions on September 7th and the Catholic High Invitational on October 12th.  I plan on bringing the team back to the Nike Cross Country Regional in November as well.


My favorite announcement for this post is that I am organizing Team Louisiana for the Footlocker South meet in Charlotte North Carolina.  I am working hard to get Louisiana on the level as some of our peer states, at least at the top level, and I want to try to expose some of the top athletes from the state to the highest level of the sport.  I'm nearly done writing up the team packet for those who are interested in joining us for the meet.

Looking further into the future I am looking into putting on a relay meet next year with a few distance oriented relays as well including 4x8 and the DMR.  As always, putting on quality events is of the most importance for us!

Lastly I want to give a shoutout to the countries that follow this website the most outside of the US. China and Germany, here's looking at you!  Have a good labor day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment